Pages

Thursday, December 25, 2003

How I spent my Chrismukkah.

By Michael B. Lasko

In spite of the forecasts, I did indeed go sailing this morning. Aside from the fact that it was a little gusty, and that Columbia's reefing outhaul had been removed (I think I'll start checking for that before leaving the dock), things went pretty well. We did not even get rained on. Unfortunately, it was so windy (we had her at hull speed on a broad reach going up harbor) that we were done sailing in 90 minutes. I needed something else to fill up the rest of the day.

As it was Christmas, this meant going to lunch at Denny's with my sister, brother-in-law, and nephew. I had pancakes. Afterwards, I went over to my mother's, who needed help with her com-pu-ter. I believe that in the future, computers will become even more important. I know I'm going to get one. For dinner, I was trying desperately to avoid eating at Denny's again. I had already exhausted the pancake angle, so that does not leave a whole lot on the menu other than mad cow burgers. We drove around for an hour before settling on El Pescadore, some weird Whittier Mexican restaurant. I had a vegetarian burrito, sans cow.

All in all, I must admit that this was the best Chrismukkah ever!

No comments: