Pages

Sunday, February 01, 2004

3:59:16! Puff Daddy and Dustin Hoffman have nothing on me. Well, Dustin Hoffman has the two academy awards...But today, I ran the Pacific Shoreline Marathon in just under 4 hours. That's 26.2 miles. The first 26 are always the hardest. Please do not be impressed. My marathon partner, Dr. Monica Fox ran the thing with the flu. I kept up with her for 19 miles, then she must have beat me by at least 20 minutes. I did, however, beat the barefoot man. (No joke). Also of note, I came in a good 10 minutes ahead of Minh Thai. I was almost unable to walk at this point, so I did not go back to check to see if it was the same Minh Thai, but the announcer said he was from San Marino...I think that was where he was from. For those of you who did not know me when I was 8, I used to be able to solve the Rubik's Cube...quite quickly, actually. Anyway, in the two Rubik's cube-a-thons (or whatever they called them) that I entered, he beat me by nearly a minute. How the tides have turned.

No comments: