Pages

Friday, December 08, 2006

Last week, my department moved downstairs. We were previously in an open area, designed to encourage the free-flowing exchange of ideas. Now we are in a maze of Dilbert-esque cubicles. You can read more about it over at ICE's blog.

Because I keep getting lost while trying to find my desk, I suggested to the big boss woman that we get a street sign. Someone suggested that we call our "street" Lasko Way...I found the name to be a little narcissistic; especially since I am not the only person sitting in the aisle.

While helping out in the upstairs training room, I was told that all of the aisles had already been named, and that I was sitting on Balsa Ave. That sounded like a decent name, so I made a couple of street signs. Unfortunately, I had misunderstood: the name was supposed to be Bolsa Ave (a street that runs through Little Saigon)...evidently because: "There are so many Asians sitting here." Surprisingly, the Asians did not seem offended by any of this.

Anyway, I decided to name the street myself: Rodeo Drive (in honor of Sharon, and her $2000 shoes). She has chosen to operate the Prada cubicle:


I gave Mahsa Tiffany's before realizing that there is a Rodeo Drive Plastic Surgery Clinic.


My neghbor Jade requested Hermes. I had never heard of the place, but found her this nice logo:


I am operating the Bang & Olufsen shop.



Also featured on the street are: Gucci, Chanel, Cartier, and for Tuquyen (who was not even a little interested in the whole set up): the Anderton Court Shops, designed by Frank Lloyd Wright.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I am jealous. I currently preside in Monastery Way. Too much fun. BTW, I live on Bolsa! You should know the name of the street!

Michael Lasko said...

Not only was the street pronounced like "Balsa", I asked: "Balsa, like the tree?" The person who answered me had obviously never heard of a balsa tree, or she would not have replied: "yes".

Anonymous said...

For some reason, no one ever wants to look like they don't know what you are talking about, even though 90% of the time they don't know what you are talking about. Did you really think the person you asked knew what a Balsa Tree was?

Mrs. Nicole Lasko said...

Your B&O pic isn't visible.

Michael Lasko said...

B&O is working here; must be on your end. Give AT&T a call about the DSL...

Anonymous said...

I can see B&O...btw, I don't think Nicole should be allowed to comment until she writes something on her blog.

Michael Lasko said...

Nicole has a blog?