Pages

Monday, February 26, 2007

My name is Michael, and I am a drug addict. Not surprising for a guy with a webpage named takealotofdrugs.com? Mark Helprin understands my addiction; most likely you do not.

I have been clean for the better part of 5 years. Still, given the chance to walk the farms of Colombia, I would feel obligated to at least sample the crops, though I am sure that I could stop after just a small taste...Colombian is good and all, but you can buy it just about anywhere; and even high quality Colombian does not compare to Jamaica Blue. If Jamaica Blue were easily (and cheaply) available in the US, I never would have been on the wagon for so long.

Nico and I are planning a trip to Caribbean. Nico says all inclusive is the only way to do Jamaica. I could do without the all you can eat; I could even do without the all you can drink. All you can sail/all you can windsurf? I am sold. I had not, however, counted on all the Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee you can drink. I can say without a doubt that I will be hooked by the end of the week. I think I'll bring an empty suitcase to pack with coffee to bring home. I am told the street price in Jamaica is only $11/pound...compare that with $57.26 at Diedrich, and I could go into business.

No comments: