Pages

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Questions you might want to ask Greg Lemond, should you ever meet him...



What should we call our Tour de Cure Team?

I had not had quite enough to drink to actually ask him this, and since the Thingnamer would not provide me with a name (I think I have run up a $24,000 bill), the best we could come up with was the Bob Robert's Society Band. If you're a cyclist, please consider joining the Bob Robert's Society Band (we might be riding the Napa Tour also). If you are not a cyclist, please donate some money to the American Diabetes Association by click on this link right here.

So anyway, the weirdest question that somebody actually asked was: "What's your lead level?" Though Greg Lemond seemed a little surprised by this question, he talked freely about the dozens of shotgun pellets in his body, about the chelation he might need, and about how he might be insane. He sounded much less insane than most people who call me asking about chelation...more people than you would imgine call me asking about chelation.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey! Just because I ignored your plea doesn't mean that I won't name your team.

It's part of my negotiating strategy.

Guess I am too late...

Michael Lasko said...

If you have a name that will generate more revenue for the American Diabetes Association, I would be more than happy to rename the team. of course, I will be needing some hard focus group data before agreeing to any changes.

Jessica K. said...

Hard focus group data? 1/3 of your team wasn't even allowed to be involved in your group naming process. I came up with several names that were simply ignored.

Michael Lasko said...

If memory serves, you had passed out, and were unavailable for consultation. We think you might have a problem...

Unknown said...

Your name is fine, Michael.

Everything that comes to mind for me is too hokey.

...and Diabeaters sounds dirty.