Pages

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

I am living comfort eagle.

Okay, I don't quite have eagle vision, but I am 20/20 in my right eye (up from 20/200) and getting pretty close to 20/20 in my left eye (up from something worse than 20/200).

Notes for anybody considering LASIK:

1) LASIK is a little unpleasant.
2) 5 mg diazepam is not enough diazepam to make the procedure enjoyable.
3) If you are really jumpy (like the guy in the room next to me), you will get 30 mg diazepam.
4) The wonders of modern science do not allow you to stay in one bed while they move various lasers to you...instead, you must walk from one laser to the next (I suppose that might be difficult if you have taken 30 mg diazepam).

No sailing, bicycling, or running says Dr. Brenner. What else is there to do? Sit around and instill eye drops all day. My corneas better hurry up and heal.

Running for the last time in those heavy prescription sunglasses, here's me finishing the San Diego Marathon:

No comments: