Pages

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

I suppose there are worse habits...

Spent the weekend in San Diego for Marathon #4.

I was surprised to learn: I am faster than 95% of female marathon runners...if only I were a 40 year old woman, I could run in Boston.

Sorry, too tired to write anything clever. If you haven't already, read about the previous runs here: #1, #2, #3.

Looks like I beat my previous best time by over 8 minutes. I always forget how difficult it is to finish a marathon in under 4 hours. I am now inspired. Go on, click that last link. Who's with me?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The OBX Marathon has your name all over it.

Michael Lasko said...

Hey, is your place near the best beach in the country?

Follow up question: Has Dr. Beach actually been to Hawaii?

Unknown said...

My place is all the way on the northern tip of the same batch of islands. Probably an all day outing if you wanted to drive it.

That said, there's a real good reason why that beach is number one. The surf is incredibly active. People's homes fall into the water every year there... And Okracoke gets smaller every year (due to ocean currents eating away at the shoreline) while the northern islands get bigger. You could say that a little bit of their beach ends up as our beach every day.