Pages

Friday, October 10, 2008

The Safest City in the World

Last night, I attended my first (non-race) organized run. I kept up with the "fast" group for about 3 miles, before they got away. That would not have been a big deal, except the run was 8 miles long...and it gets dark pretty early this time of year. Again, not a big deal, as I was running in the safest city in the world; except for the fact that with safety comes homogeny. Everything in Irvine looks exactly like everything else in Irvine. I got a little lost, and ended up running a couple of extra miles to find my car.

I was surprised at how many women run around the streets of Irvine solo. Note to murderers, rapists, and kidnappers: It would be advisable to get in shape before attempting any sort of crime against foot athletes.

In other running news, my hip hurts. Las Vegas Marathon is not looking promising at all.

No comments: