Pages

Thursday, October 01, 2009

The problem is all inside your head she said to me.

New watch says today is the 31st. New pet peeve: watches that think there are 31 days in September. Jammin’ playin’ on the radio during the drive. Not Marley; a smooth jazz cover. Smooth and jazzy enough to remind me that I am not jammin’ at all. Driver’s seat no longer reclines. Next time I’ll buy a car from Iran.

Fear and loathing in the parking lot. Impending doom as I walk through the doors. Staff of 12 creeping up to 55. No corresponding increase in pay. No chance of getting out before January. No benefit to getting out before January, executives have decided to make us busy in November, instead…or rather, in addition...January will still be busy.

Slave to inbox assistant for another day. Am I really not allowed to drink at work? Out here on the perimeter, there are no stars.

No comments: