Pages

Saturday, March 05, 2011

Poor Kiwi Folk

When Nico and I moved to New Zealand, we knew we would be giving up European travel and expensive tandem vacations. This weekend however, an expensive tandem vacation came to us.

We joined the tour for a ride through Rotorua. Here are Bill and Jan McCready slowing down enough to have their picture taken.

And here are a bunch of tandems riding through some geothermal death spas. Sorry, I have no photos of the descent (on an MTB) track through the Redwood Forest.


A ride up some hills took us to the Buried Village of Te Wairoa.


I seem to have not taken many photographs...probably because it spent a fair amount of time raining; but I did finally get the opportunity to use my new flash.


The next day, we took an opportunity to climb Mt. Maunganui...


...and were rewarded with a world class view.


Onward to the Coromandel, where we stayed in an authentic Kiwi bach in Tairua. With a couple of days of cleaning and a few bug bombs, it would have been a nice play to stay...we'll just leave it at that, as the owner has been rather nice in addressing my complaints.

Though we have not been on a Santana tour in close to three years (except for New Zealand, which nobody was ready to repeat yet), we were happy to see some familiar faces.


And I just can't get enough of that Kiwi Dundee.


No comments: