Pages

Monday, March 19, 2007

We were somewhere in the desert around Barstow when the drugs began to take hold.

Weekend in Vegas visiting my very favorite Vietnamese pharmacist and his old lady. They were rather surprised that there is a Pho restaurant in Treasure Island...I'm guessing Vietnamese restaurants are not terribly common in the Pacific Northwest.


In case that last paragraph was unclear, my favorite Vietnamese pharmacist lives in Seattle, not Las Vegas. Like most of my friends from pharmacy school, he is a little afraid to visit me in California (our proud state only makes the news when there are earthquakes or drive-by shootings)...however, none of them are afraid of Sin City, so I try my hardest to make the drive out there whenever any of them are also making the trip. Speaking of pharmacy school, the Butler Bulldogs made me $18 with their upset of Maryland.

Also at Treasure Island: Mystere. I do not really get the French.

Nico's #1 complaint about Vegas: Slot machines no longer have slots or arms...unless you search really hard downtown. Here's Nicole and a one armed bandit:


On the way home, we stopped in the Mojave National Preserve, searching for California Desert Tortoises. The tortoises proved most elusive, perhaps because they can run at speeds of up to 30 miles per hour. Nicole claims to have seen one as we were getting off the freeway, but after an hour or so of searching, I still haven't found what I'm looking for.

No comments: